All personal information collected by Joseph’s Corner will comply with the National Privacy Principles as detailed below and as amended from time to time:
Use and disclosure
Access and correction
Transborder data flows
Second Generation Privacy Policies
Any other part of Joseph’s Corner is required to submit their second generation policy to the Board of Management for review. Should a conflict between policies occur, the conflict will be adjudicated by the Board of Management. Changes to second generation Policies or associated documentation must be forwarded to the Board of Management after amendment.
Information We Collect
Joseph’s Corner will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details so Joseph’s Corner can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from Joseph’s Corner, when you register for conferences or events, and when you participate in Joseph’s Corner activities or complete other forms.
Certain information which may be collected by Joseph’s Corner will be regarded as Sensitive Information. The disclosure of Sensitive Information can only be made by Joseph’s Corner with your direct consent. Some examples of Sensitive Information include:
Religious beliefs or affiliations
Racial or ethnic origin
Membership of trade union
Membership of professional trade association
Membership of political association
Sexual preferences or practices
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit Joseph’s Corner website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. Joseph’s Corner will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Joseph’s Corner cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they may be used to personalise your Joseph’s Corner (josephscorner.org.au) web page for your use.
How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your involvement with Joseph’s Corner, including providing you with newsletters
- to provide the products or services you have requested from Joseph’s Corner
- to answer your inquiry
- to register you for events, conferences or promotions
- to assist us to make Joseph’s Corner’s sites, services and products more valuable to our community
- for direct promotion of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further promotional communications to third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate Joseph’s Corner and provide the products or services you have requested, such as catering and event coordinators, promotions companies, transport providers, health care providers, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants. In some circumstances we may need to disclose sensitive information about you tothird parties as part of the services you have requested; and to different parts of Joseph’s Corner to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist clients and the wider community.
Access to your information
You can request access to the personal information that Joseph’s Corner holds about you by contacting Joseph’s Corner’s Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Joseph’s Corner will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Joseph’s Corner cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
telephoning 03 9315 2680
writing to The Chairperson, Board of management, Joseph’s Corner, PO Box 417, Yarraville 3013.
telephoning on 03 9315 2680
writing to The Chairperson, Board of management, Joseph’s Corner, PO Box 417, Yarraville 3013
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from Joseph’s Corner you may contact the Federal Privacy Commissioner in one of the following ways:-
telephoning 1300 363 992
writing to the Director of Complaints, Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042.